Futhark Norse Runes
These are odd little shapes that we come across from time to time. They seem to come from the distant northern countries and yet they serve all over the world to inspire and sometimes even predict the future. Zoom on an unusual alphabet!
What is the Futhark?
The Futhark is an ancient alphabet whose name was formed with its first letters. It's as if our alphabet was called "Abcdef"... Not terrible compared to the name of Futhark, which represents well the spirit of the countries of the North!
A specific alphabet
The Futhark runes are part of an old alphabet that was originally a bit fuzzy. It would come from the Nordic lands, therefore from the Viking culture, or even from Germanic territories. Traditionally composed of 24 letters, this alphabet was used for writing stories, but also for the divinatory arts.
Each letter having a specific sound and representation, they could be very useful for studying Destiny. Just like astrology, the runes are therefore harbingers of events already written by the superior force of Time. We can therefore better understand why many Vikings used these runes as magical amulets to attract the protection of the Gods.
It is also worth noting that other runic systems exist, but that the Norse Futhark remains mainly used as the basis of the divinatory arts. The 24 runes composing the Futhark system are attached to the astrological signs. It is therefore normal that two runes are associated with each classic astrological sign.
A rich history
Runes have been well known for many centuries. As with most legacies of our ancient cultures, the exact origin is a bit unclear. However, historians agree that the runes come from Viking traditions, and even more generally Nordic.
The mythological origin
In these northern cultures, nothing is acquired from birth since everything is earned in the sweat of effort and sacrifice. It is particularly in Viking mythology that this becomes clearer. Take for example the legends related to the runes of divination:
When the great god Odin found himself pierced with his famous spear Gungnir, he found himself clinging to the Yggdrasil tree. He hung on the World Tree for nine days and nine nights. After this hard ordeal, he finally managed to access the runes and their greatest secrets. After discovering all the meanings of the runes of wisdom and knowledge, he offered them to men to learn more about their past, present and future.
The scientific origin
According to scientific discourses, this runic alphabet was created by people using Germanic as their common language. They then sought to reproduce the sounds in written form in order to keep a record. However, most experts agreed that this alphabet would be a mixture of different varied cultures such as Germanic, Greek or Latin culture.
Other much more extensive studies would even make the connection between runes and genetics. Indeed, this alphabet would be very close to the Camunian signs dated from the 1st century BC, which would show that this system could be the first origin of this alphabet. Other similar theories with other ancient written systems have been advanced by different scientists. The main problem common to all these hypotheses is simple: no concrete evidence can confirm the slightest research on the origin of the Futhark...
Today runes are no longer used to communicate in the sense that we understand it today. It is only very rarely used for speaking or writing, but is mainly useful in modern divinatory rites. Some also use them as protective amulets or talismans to accompany a goal. Here we will introduce you to the method of calculating your birth runes and how you can test rune divination.
As we said before, the Nordic cultures believed in fate and the divinatory arts prove it. Futhark runes also use numerology coupled with astrology to grant one or more runes to an individual based on their date and time of birth. By discovering the runes that belong to you, you can then create a talisman and wear it with you to help you accomplish your goals.
It is however necessary to specify that the runes are not signs to be taken lightly, because they can disrupt the energy of your body if they are misused. This is how the greatest runologists advise against tattooing runes on the body, because they could be "programmed" by the tattoo artist unconsciously.
This is why we advise you to have your runes engraved on any medium that resonates with you. We ourselves engrave medals in polished stainless steel or 14-carat gold.
The runes of divination
In the context of a divinatory draw, the methodology is not really different than in the context of a draw of tarot cards or a pendulum divination. This is why it is necessary to follow a very precise, respectful and open procedure in order to attract only the positive during a draw. We give you an example of a procedure that you can follow at home with your runes:
- Sit in a calm and quiet place then relax.
- Once you are in serenity, you can burn incense, sage, palo santo or you can just light candles.
- Lay out a white tablecloth or prepare a flat, color-neutral surface.
- Take a deep breath and clear your mind.
- You can focus on a precise and correctly formulated question, or let the runes guide you.
- You have different methods of more or less complete draws, but we advise you to start by throwing them all.
- Analyze each position of the runes or take a photo of them to be able to carry out an in-depth analysis.
- Once finished, purify your runes by placing them in a cluster of quartz, with fumigation or geometric shapes.
- Store your runes in its pouch or its small box.
The position of each rune is important and the analysis of a draw takes everything into account. It is possible to have 4 different positions:
- The inscription face up upright: positive
- The inscription face visible upside down: negative
- The inscription face down upright: positive
- The inscription face down upside down: negative
The only thing to remember is that if the Wyrd rune appears in one of your sessions, your question will be refused.
Now that you understand what runes represent in their traditional divinatory use, it's time to calculate your own birth runes. Your birth runes are two: the solar rune and the lunar rune. You can also easily calculate your lucky triad using numerology. To your calculators, here we go!
Calculate your Sun Rune Futhark
The rune corresponding to your main solar astrological sign is the one representing your personality. It can help you better understand yourself to understand your own personality. It acts internally on yourself and leads you to a better understanding of yourself.
The best way to find your rune is to match it with your own astrological sign:
- Aries: rune Fehu.
- Taurus: Uruz rune.
--Sagittaire: rune Raidho.
- Scorpion : rune Eihwaz.
- Poisson : rune Gebo.
- Lion : rune Wunjo.
- Aquarius: Hagalaz rune.
- Capricorn: Nauthiz runes.
- Cancer : rune Algiz.
- Vierge : rune Berkano.
- Gémeau: rune Ehwaz.
- Balance : rune Tiwaz.
Calculate your Futhark lunar rune
Your first rune is calculated and you are missing the second. This moon rune is defined by the time of your birth and it represents how you present yourself to the world. The exact moment of your birth at an instant T is frozen in time and space and it is thanks to this instant that everyone places themselves in the world.
We have prepared a list of birth times and associated runes for you:
- From 00:30 a.m. to 01:29 a.m.: Ihwaz rune
- From 01:30 a.m. to 02:29 a.m.: Pertho rune
- From 02:30 to 03:29: Algiz rune
- 03:30 to 04:29: Sowilo rune
- From 4:30 a.m. to 5:29 a.m.: Tiwaz rune
- From 05:30 to 06:29: Berkano rune
- De 06h30 à 07h29: rune Ehwaz
- From 07:30 to 08:29: Mannaz rune
- From 08:30 a.m. to 09:29 a.m.: Laguz rune
- From 9:30 a.m. to 10:29 a.m.: Inguz rune
- From 10:30 a.m. to 11:29 a.m.: Dagaz rune
- From 11:30 a.m. to 12:29 p.m.: Othalan rune
- From 12:30 p.m. to 1:29 p.m.: rune Fehu
- From 1:30 p.m. to 2:29 p.m.: Uruz rune
- From 2:30 p.m. to 3:29 p.m.: Thurisaz rune
- From 3:30 p.m. to 4:29 p.m.: Ansuz rune
- From 4:30 p.m. to 5:29 p.m.: Raidho rune
- De 17h30 à 18h29: rune Kaunan
- From 6:30 p.m. to 7:29 p.m.: Gebo rune
- From 7:30 p.m. to 8:29 p.m.: Wunjo rune
- From 8:30 p.m. to 9:29 p.m.: Hagalaz rune
- From 9:30 p.m. to 10:29 p.m.: Nauthiz rune
- From 10:30 p.m. to 11:29 p.m.: Isaz rune
- From 11:30 p.m. to 12:29 a.m.: Jera rune
Calculate your Futhark numerological triad
You already know how to calculate your Life Path number, because you read it in our article dedicated to this subject, right? Well, you will need this number to find your lucky triad. We give you a little reminder shot so that you can calculate it yourself here.
If I was born on 09/26/1993, then I must add all the digits of my date of birth together, i.e.: 2+6+9+1+9+9+3=39.
Since this number is too high, we will add it until we get a number between 1 and 9:
My number Life Path is therefore 3!
It's up to you to calculate your number, then refer to this list to find your own lucky triad:
- Life Path 1 : triade Ansuz - Isa - Tyr
- Life Path 2: triade Mannaz - Gebo - Eihwaz
- Life Path 3: triad Raidho - Kenaz - Perthro
- Life Path 4: triad Ingwaz - Berkano - Ehwaz
- Life Path 5: triade Nauthiz - Laguz - Dagaz
- Life Path 6 : triade Othalaz - Wunjo - Sowilo
- Life Path 7 : triade Thurisaz - Jera - Elhaz
- Life Path 8: triad Fehu - Uruz - Hagalaz
- Life Path 9 : Wyrd unique rune
What you must remember
Runes are a powerful tool that allows us to better understand ourselves, but also the world around us. This millennial system offers many possibilities for making protective amulets, but also for divination. However, they should not be taken lightly, because they can bring a lot of good as much as bad when they are not well managed...